Thursday, December 03, 2009

Things to do List

I am determined to utilise this holiday to the fullest; namely to have as much quality time as possible with my son. And of course, to catch up with the much-neglected (with very valid reasons!) household chores.

On Tuesday, I had two items on my list of things-to-do-before-the-holiday-is-over. First, was to cook burgers for the hubs and second, was to have some fun, creative play time with the little one. So, off I went to NTUC, after making sure that the son had his lunch & nap, hoping that he won't be cranky and difficult in public. Well, that plan went awry as soon as the son saw shelves after shelves of food and insisted that he be given the loaf of bread I had deposited in our trolley to eat! Aiyohhh!! It was downhill from then onwards as he insisted that I carry him and kept going "maman..mamam.." with each being a decibel higher. And there I was still searching high and low for that damn breadcrumbs for my Jamie Oliver burger! I did contemplate of just leaving my trolley behind and just go home, defeated. My son is not that light ok! But thank you, Allah, because He gave me saviours in the form of Man & Farah! Farah found my breadcrumbs in record time. Thanks, babe!

Once the boy was pacified with the already-paid bread, it got better. However, the things I bought were heavier that I expected and my arms were already sore from carrying Ryan all around NTUC, so I decided, what the heck... and took a cab home. Yes! It cost me $2.80 and the cab driver laughed at me saying that in all his years of driving a cab, mine was the shortest distance ever!

Once home, I decided to paint all our (mine, actually) exhaustion away! Wheeeeee!!!

My artist at work!

The little Picaso!
Today, we made our way to Tampines. Forget about the MRT & bus ride adventure. I decided that 1.5hour of public transport was a bit too daunting for me. Cabbed it again. Yes, Im the cab it queen. We went to Tok Ne's house first since it's pointless to go to my mom's house since most of them were still at work.




Look who were there today!! Ryan's uncles and aunties!!! Weird huh, since there are all so super young. That's Pak Long Audi... (9 years old)


And that's Mak Busu Sofia (2 months old)


It was very heartwarming to see Ryan so loving towards Sofia. He kept coming over to stroke/kiss her. Didnt get any pics of him doing that hough since I was busy making sure that he didn't headbutt her!
Oh... I didnt get any pic of Mak Ngah Su (4 years old)
Yeah... he got extremely young aunties and uncles!
What shall we do, tomorrow, sayang??






No comments: