Monday, June 14, 2010

Johor Trip

Hey all!
Guess where I am right now...
In school! Yes..all the way till 5 pm (if they finish on time, which they rarely do..).
I'm still warming up my engines, so I shall blog for a bit before I start doing some work.

I've just got back from a short getaway.. JB. to be exact.
I hear some ewwwwws out there.... Hahha.. I know, I know.. It's not Japan or Hong Kong or Bali or Phuket or any of those normal holiday destinations, but hey! We only had 2 days, and it was really very last minute!

Shahreil told me yesterday that he had never dreamt about staying overnight in a JB hotel since we just live a mere 30 minutes away.. But it was definitely not a first for me or my family. About 10 years ago, we did the same thing. It was the most realistic holiday destination for the Mohamads cos, back then, my parents definitely didn't have the financial means to bring us to faraway places. Having 6 schooling kids wasn't easy, I guess. But we always had fun, no matter where we go. When daddy still had his car, we'd convoy with Pak Long's family to KL/Port Dickson/Melaka.. When my mum's siblings were still as tight.. we'd pack the whole huge clan in one huge bus and went to Gunung Ledang, and when daddy stopped driving after his heart attack, we'd happily board the coach to KL or ferry to Batam/Buru.. It was fun..fun..fun..

I will not talk about the trip to JB though.. Pics will be uploaded in FB soon (if my lappy at home doesn't make it difficult for me to upload photos, that is).

Ohhhhh... only one thing I want to say about the trip. We went to an uncle's house in JB for the first time. And I can also say that I was totally crushed to see my little cousins (all 5 of them) living in that condition. What I feel towards their father is still blurry though cos I sometimes swing from pity (cos he has to work so hard), to anger (cos it was his own stupidity and lack of mathematical sense that led him to where he is now). I pity his eldest son the most cos I believe he is old enough to be affected by the constant uprooting (from Singapore to Buru to JB to Pesantren in Indon). WTH! Parents, please... for goodness sake.. remember that everything that you do, every decision that you make will affect your child! I know I still have a loooooong way to go, considering that Ryan is still a toddler ... but I will work very hard to ensure that I don't do anything stooooopid to ruin his future. Insyallah.

So, lesson learnt from the said uncle:
1) Have some mathematical sense
2) Live within your means
3) Don't be egoistic, listen to advice
4) Don't ever think that ALL kampung girls are better than city girls. HAH!

Ok, before I go off to do some work..
I just want to comment on the Ariel scandal.
All I can say is that, what do you expect of a hot, sexy as hell, lead singer of a well-known band?
Still waiting for the 30 other videos..
;-P

No comments: