Sunday, September 21, 2008

I wish the Raya bug will hit me soon.
For many different reasons, I have yet to feel the excitement.

And during this period, I seem to miss my family (the ones in Tampines) more.
For the first time ever, I am not part of their Raya preparation. And how I miss it!
The kecohness, the factory-like kuih-making sessions, the non-stop nagging from mum, the stress..
Around this time, the siblings will be making kuihs all the way till morning. (with either lagu raya or lagu dangdut blasting from the radio)
Me, Ikin and Diyana will be at Geylang buying the curtains/ alas meja/ bunga/ kusyen/ baju raya for ibu n ayah..
Diyana will be in-charge of spring cleaning the all the almaris in the house.
I will be washing the chandelier.. (haa..amik korang, aku dah takde lagik!)
A few of us will be wrestling the kusyen sofa to change the covers.
Ikin will have the honour of hanging the curtains.
One of us will have to pasang the lampu lap lip.

Basically, all these jobs, even though stressful (cos mummy will never fail to bebel at us for I dunno also what), never fail to excite me.

I hate growing up.

No comments: