Saturday, January 10, 2009

Excitement

I’ve come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. My personal approach creates a climate. My daily mood makes the weather. As a teacher, I possess tremendous power to make a child’s life miserable or joyous. I can be the tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or humor. Hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated and a child humanized or de-humanized.”
-Haim Ginot-
Once in a while, I need such words to remind me that it is worth all the stress and heartaches.
And hey! I will be meeting my ex-form class on Monday when they collect their O Level results! I'm so excited. I never realise that I will miss that lot THIS much! Royston called me last night to ask if I will be the one giving them the results and how much it will mean to him and the rest of 5N2s if I will be the one delivering the good ( I hope!) news. Awwww...so sweet. But sorry, I can only be there for you, but I will not be the one giving out the results. (dah kena buang negeri, katakan!)I am so excited! I pray that all my kiddos will do well! See you on Monday!

No comments: