Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hadirlah Mustika - Spin

I couldn't believe my eyes when I received the news that Achik Spin passed away due to a car crash yesterday. And somehow, despite the fact that I did not know him personally nor was I a fanatic fan of his, I am deeply saddened.

I think that with his passing, it just reminded me of how short and unpredictable life is. We can be gone just like that. Pooff! And us, living in this hectic and crazy world might have been taking someone for granted, thinking that they will be around forever. Our parents, our spouse, our children our friends...

And I hate it when young lives are taken away just like that, leaving behind young children. Achik's child is around Ryan's age, if I'm not wrong. How sad..

Anyways, I grew up listening to his songs. At a time where I was a teenager and all cintan cintun songs were still so meaningful, Spin's songs were among the best, especially those with Siti Nordiana. And the song above remains one of my favourites. It's fast, it catchy and I loved asking Shahreil to sing it during our karaoke sessions.

That's all, folks. Treasure your loved ones as long as we still have the chance.

1 comment:

fadilla said...

hello!