Sunday, April 11, 2010

Over and out

One huge burden off my shoulder.
Let's let out a loooong sigh now...
*pheeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww*

It was 2 whole hectic weeks! CRAZY!
I think everyone @ work were so stressed and tired and cranky that we ended up complaining about our kids and wanting to quit. On Thursday alone, I heard 3 of my friends saying that maybe this job isn't really what they wanted.

But it was really horrible, I tell you.
On top of the normal lessons (and I have to remind you that an hour's worth of lesson requires a few hours worth of preparation that includes planning/creating of ppt/designing of worksheets and printing), the usual disciplinary problems that we have to handle and our own class' stalls (even though it's supposed to be run by students, it's the teachers that ended up running around in circles) we each have some duty or another for the carnival. Horrible horrible horrible.
So many tasks and so little time. Every little break in between classes was spent preparing for the next lesson and by the time class ended at abt 3 or 4 pm, I'd be busy planning for my stalls and then for the show. Pecah kepala otak aku.

And then I'd have to rush home and it's work all over again at home. Urgh. I feel sick to the stomach thinking about that 2 weeks.

The only things I looked forward to were my son's smiles and hugs and my husband's scent. I dunno why but his scent has always been a calming element in my life.

And I guess I'm lucky to have such wonderful friends at work too.

I just want to shout:

I AM FREAKING GLAD THIS IS OVER!!

Btw, my class made $735 from our drinks & choc fondue stall and my show made $1.5k.
Not bad. ;-)
We did our part for charity, kiddos!

No comments: