Friday, May 21, 2010

Parents

I remember when I was about 17 or 18, I had a real bad case of stomach pain.
It started at about midnight, and I went to the toilet, more than 6 times. And I vomitted a few times too. When I couldn't take it anymore, I knocked on my parents' door hoping that ibu, being the nurse, would know what to do.

She immediately marched me to CGH. That, was about 2am in the morning.
After all the check-ups, the jabs and whatever whatever... we reached home nearly 5am.
When I immediately went tobed to catch up on my sleep, both my parents got ready for work.
I remember also, in my drowsy state, thinking... "How in the world can they still be going to work after not getting any sleep?"

Now I know.

Ryan has been sick for the past few days. And 2 nights back, I barely got any sleep.
After sponging Ryan, I went to bed at about 11.45 pm. At 1.15am, I was awaken by Ryan's movements and was quite alarmed to feel his body heat against mine. Shahreil was in the midst of giving Ryan his meds.. and I decided to sponge the poor baby. By 2.15 am, his temp was not that terrifying and thus I ended up sponging him only every 15 mins or so, sleeping in a sitting position. Only by 4am, I was satisifed enough to go back to sleep and by 5.15am, I was up and ready to go to work.

But, no complains. And I realise that my parents did what they did more than 10 years ago without any complains too. And that's one incident that i actually remember. I am pretty sure there are many other incidents that I may be too young to know or remember.

The love that a parent has for their child, is simply amazing.
Thank you, ibu and ayah for all your sacrifices, big or small.
Thank you, Shahreil for being a wonderful and reliable partner.

And you, my one and only, get well soon!

* I dreamt of arwah Pak Long last night. He was wearing his usual dibai'e attire.. white baju kurung and kain pelikat. He was smiling and looked so happy. It was raining and we were walking towards the car. We shared an umbrella as it was drizzling and we chatted. I woke up, remembered reading somewhere that all good dreams are from Allah. I thanked Him for bestowing such a nice dream and went back to sleep smiling. I do miss you, Pak Long.

No comments: