Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Congrats to my boy, who finally got promoted to Sec 3.
It felt really good to see both of them (the boy + the dad) smiling so proudly.
Most of the time when I see the father, I had nothing but bad news... skipping class, skipping lessons, late..bla bla.. Takpenah yang happy. It's not something that I enjoy doing, you know.

Shahreil says that I shouldnt care too much about them.
But I cant help it.
Especially for those in my form class.
For one whole year, Im like a mother to them.
Macam emak kucing jaga anak2 kucing dia.
I know everything about them.
Family, financial state of the family, emak siapa ada affair, bapak siapa baru kena buang keje, kakak siapa lari rumah...
Everything they do inside or outside school will come back to me.
I'm the nurse when they injure themselves during PE.
I'm the aunt aggie when they break up.
I'm the mak tiri when they cabut kelas..
So, obviously, after a while.. I really feel for them.
Rasa bangga teramat sangat masa nampak Ivan first time baca pledge atas stage, bila Zulaiha broke records during Sports Day, bila my darling Thai boy Memutti masuk finals Nike Joga, bila Berdine improved her 2nd semester results, bila other teachers come to me once in a while to praise my kids. Hahah.. Macam mak2 kan?
Semalam, masa jalan kat Plaza Sing, I saw Muhaimin workig @ Golden V. My heart was filled with pride when i saw my boy looking so smart and so adult. Hahah...

So..yup...
One of the perks bila jadik cikgu.
You get to see boys and girls turn into young adults.
And you know that you are part of that process.
And hope that somehow you did make a difference in their life. Big or small.

No comments: