Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Me against the world.

This week, being the last week for me as a career woman before I embark on another more fulfilling (assuming people are not lying to me!) 'career', has me walking around in a zen-like state. I brush aside every little irritating bits of the working life that I had endured for the past few years, thinking.. "This will be over soon". Ok, not for long cos maternity leave is for 3 months, not 3 years, but its better then nothing at all, right?

Anyways, I've been pretty happy this week.
Until someone ruined it all for me.
Expletives are at the tip of my tongue, but I will try my very best to let it stay just there.

Well. I am sick of your The World is Against Me attitude.
EVERYTHING and EVERYONE is out to get you.
What the hell is wrong with you?
After so many years, I still couldnt figure it out.
Where did we go wrong with you?
I used to think it was just a phase, and I believe there was a period of time I was as rebellious and as full as anger as you, but never to this extent.
In your head, We hate you. We ostracise you. We ignore you. We don't care about you. We are out to get you.
So, who stood up for you when you were about to be shipped to a girl's home?
Who bought you all the pink ripcurl items that you wanted so much for your birthday?
Who brought you to see a counsellor so that we can try to understand what is it that you needed from us?
Who brought you to watch movies and eat at fine restaurants when you are having your holidays?
Who topped up your prepaid when it went low?

Your dear friends? Think again.

So, now. You are grown up.
And do not need us. Yeah rite.
Now you all 'big' and ready to fly.
Now that we have no more right to say anything at all when you do something wrong.
Now that we should just shut up when we see something's not right.
Well, you are grown up. You think.

People have told me numerous time, not to care.
Not to bother.
I tried.
It's your life anyway.
Maybe I should stop caring, like what some of the rest are doing.
Maybe I should just wait for the moment to smile and say, " I told you so".
But I care too much. Hah! I think that's one the occupational hazard for being a teacher.
Caring too much and wanting to right the wrong.
Whatever lah eh.

For the record, I think PDAs are fine.
But to a certain extent.
Everyne kisses, and I'm not going to act all high and mighty and say you shouldn't
What I don't agree to is SHOWING of to the world what you do.
It's thrashy.
I really do not need to see both of you salivating over each other.

But whatever lah.
Dah besar kan?

No comments: