Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day to Love

I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. Never have and never will. Shahreil will never agree to celebrating it anyway. Though I'd love for him to give me flowers or presents today (or any other day, for that matter!). But I find it a little silly when I see all those men holding on to those precious bouquets on V day. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of flowers (hint hint) and I celebrate every single momentous occasion, birthdays, first date, matair anniversary, nikah anniversary, sanding anniversary and the list goes on.. But why celebrate a day that doesn't really mean anything personally special for you as a couple? Macam meaningless gitu kan? Oh wells... lain padang lain belalang, ye tak?

But I have to admit, I love getting the prezzies from colleagues at work. This year ada sedih sikit cos being the new girl, I dun have that many kakis yet. Sedih tau! I still remember last year where we had so much fun exchanging presents. The whole gang (me, babe, su, farah, asz, fadli and the one whose name i shall not mention) trooped down to Andersen's at Tampines Mall where we had a ball of a time guessing who bought us the presents. I bought Fad a whole set of Nike items as he is afterall the PE checher. Su bought me an unmentionable game, hehe, since I was still a newly(sort of)wed. Bestnyer!!!

Anyway, everyday is a V day for me as long as I get to spend happy moments with my loved ones. Take for instance, the little Jurong Point trip we had on Thursday evening.


I always look forward to bringing Ryan to new places. I like the fact that he's growing up and getting to be more curious and aware of his surroundings. There's just so many things that I want to show and teach him!




And of course, being with the man that I love every single day is meaningful no matter how irritating he gets at times. (right, I lied... MOST times).
V day also means spending silly times with friends. Like the Karaoke session we had at Cuppage on Friday night.

While waiting for our turn to sing, we became camera whores.




















Dah puas melalak, we headed for some late night supper.













So, the point is.. I don't celebrate V day. But to those who does, keep the love going yeah!







No comments: