Thursday, March 26, 2009

Life Goals

I went to West Coast Plaza, (which was formerly known as Ginza Plaza) with Shahreil for lunch today. Shahreil insisted that we've been there before, donkey years ago, but for the life of me, I just can't seem to recall stepping into that place at all. And I'm not the one with the short term memory in this relationship!

I ended up buying 3 books for Ryan, and I had to use all my willpower not to purchase any of those cute little outfits for him. Takut beli mahal-mahal, dia tak muat pulak! I promise myself that I'd bring him there one of these days.

Of late, I've been doing a lot of thinking. Sort of re-evaluating my life. Where I am right now, where I want to be in the future, things like that. It is kind of hard because I really am quite confused as to what I want out of this pretty short life.

My career. I think, for so long I've been contented being where I've always been. My friends and I used to joke that we'd be pretty satisfied with being H.O.Ts (only for us, teachers, to know) at the workplace. And to be honest, my ambition since young was to be a housewife. Haahhaha... Banyak sangat main makcik-makcik kot! Me and Faheema used to sit at the NUS canteen wondering why we were there when all we want to do was to be the perfect wives/mothers. We were not one of those career-driven people I guess. But recently, I feel that I can achieve more what I have now if I put my heart on it. Maybe since having Ryan, I am more driven to be the best that I can be so that I can give him the best of everything. I dunno.

The horrible part is that, sometimes I feel that if I want to excel at work, I'd have to sacrifice my family time. I know some people at work who have such outstanding portfolios but just look at how miserable they are. A slave to their work. I dont want to be like that. I dunno!! Argh! Can I have the best of both worlds? We'll see.

Enough about that! HEYY!! I've got a pretty good idea on what to do for Ryan's birthday. I've sort of mentioned in to both Shahreil and Ikin (i think!) about it, and they kind of approve it. Hmmm... but a few things to considerlah..whether it is do-able etc etc... So, TUNNNNGGGGuuuuuu!!

Meanwhile, it's Friday tomorrow and Yati simply looooovvvvees Friday. Woohooo!!!

No comments: