Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A beautiful day


I figure I should be blogging
a little abt my engagement.

Well.. everything went as planned.
A little hiccups here and there..
but alhamdulillah..it's all
over.

It was an amazing experince.
Though I kept saying that
I'd rather not go through
all that hassle ever again,
I kind of like it..hehehe..

The biggest thank you to
my parents, who I believe,
had to go through hell to
please both their children and their
siblings. Well, to cut a long story short,
we had our own little argument on how
things should be down for the engagement.
It must have been difficult for my parents
being sandwiched like that.

Next, to my siblings. My personal manager,
Ikin, who had to take the crap from my
aunties and uncles for speaking up for me
about how i wanted things to be done.
And for taking care of all the little things
that I did not want to be bothered with.
To Diyana who spent days moving furniture
around and putting up with my tantrums.
To Aini who suprisingly did not even grumble when
made to carry things up and down the stairs.
To Amira n Mahathir..ermm..for being there.

To my darling cousins.
Prebet Tiot who slept over since Thursday,
sacrificing her much needed rest, walkin
all around Bedok with me and Ikin to buy
stuffs for the hantaran.
Lukman, for being the chauffer of the day,
Nurul, for snapping pictures.
Abg Khairil for smsing even when he cldnt
make it to the ceremony.
To all the little ones who just upped the kecohness
in the house.

To my aunts and uncles
who contributed their time and energy.
Pak Long n Mak Long for the yummy food.
Cik Niah for the bunga rampai
Cik Anip n Cik Milah for rushing to Mustafa Centre
on Sat night when they heard we could get fruits
for the hantaran.
Mak Long Fati for the kuih bakar.
Cik Ina n Cik Amat for the delicious looking cake.
Cik Jah who took mc just to come on Sunday.
Cik Mal and Cik NAh for the kek lapis.
And the rest of the Mokhtar n Ibrahim clans
whose very presence meant so much to me.

To my grandparents.
Tok Aji and Nenek.
Tok Ne, who slept over for the very first time!

Not forgetting Tok Ju from Buru who bertungkus
lumus cuci periuk.
And Mbak Yu who did her work silently in the kitchen.

And I forgot, to mom, who spent 2 days straight sewing my
beautiful cadar.

It's a new chapter for me and my ehem.. fiance..
Heheheh..

No comments: