Saturday, January 07, 2006

My Pride and Joy

I was at the Sec 1 orientation camp today.
The school was buzzing with activities... since all the CCAs set up booths and stations to attract potential members.

As I was busy selecting students for my hockey team, I couldnt help but notice the seniors running the various activities.
And suddenly my heart was bursting with pride.
I mean..Qayyum, Izuan, Helmi and Hairul in their NCC uniforms looking so smart and strong.
Shakilla, the once quiet and geeky student with specs now a student leader.
Elly, coaching the Sec 1s netball.

All these kids whom I taught in Sec 1 all grown up.
And I was part of that growing up process.

Even though I'm constantly being disappointed by students whom I tried to help but ended up losing along the way...there are others who fill me with pride and joy.
And I'd like to thank them for helping me not to lose faith in my job.
And help me believe that I still can make a difference in someone's life. No matter how small.

1 comment:

Four Wheels said...

tts why i wanna be a teacher...well not totally...but partly the satisfaction part.....and the other reason, the money and the long holidays....LOL!!!