Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I Need to Stop and BREATHE.

It's been the most hectic 3 weeks of my teaching life.
And the problem is, I really don't know why.
In terms of teaching, the hours been cut down.
I like have 1 hour periods instead of the original 1 n half.
But somehow I'm just so busy.
My guess is, the admin work.
I'm a form teacher this year and I've never realise the amount of things that you need to do as a form teacher. Its never ending.

Check attendance, call parents when student not in school, call parents when students came in late, call parents when students skip class, students looking for you every minute of the day because they need this and that, enter their attendance/late-comin/offences in the school cockpit.
Like I said, it's never ending.

I'm exhausted. My legs will give way anytime soon.
I reach home everyday only to be stuck infront of the PC doing more work.
And I cant sleep well at night, forever having nighmares about school thus, taking away my well deserved rest.
I will wake up half an hour before the alarm because I dread hearing the stupid alarm.

Im tired. Tired. Tired.
Was so tired that I couldnt get out of bed to meet SHahreil today.
There I was at 430pm, sleeping in a sitting position because I was afraid that I'd fall asleep, which I did of course.
I woke up to his call at 445 and thou I was aching to meet him, I couldnt move a muscle.

Im tired.

On a more positive note, a guy that I had a crush way back during my tpjc years just messaged me at friendster.
He said I'm a babe now. Hahahah..
I would have fainted and died of heart atttack if he had said that like 8 years back.
But now, I just smile to myself.

1 comment:

GuerrierUrbain said...

Well, I guess we get ourselves stuck in current reality most of the time and adopt a reactive orientation. And so it seems that fire-fighting happens in the teaching profession too!

I guess you just have to look at posts like 7 Jan to perk yourself up on days like these...

Remember, passion is a great driving force why we do some of the things we do...