Monday, June 05, 2006

Had the most wonderful week.
Malacca trip with my sec 2s was fun.
Kampung Sri Tanjung was so beautiful.
Picture perfect really.
I know that when I've retired, I will have a house like those in Kampung Sri Tanjung.
Very traditional yet very pretty.
We had fun rubber tapping, basket weaving, fishing.
The fishing part was the best.
Jangan kata budak2, cikgu2 pun macam jakun tak pernah mengail ikan.

The kArimun trip with the cikgu-cikgus lagi best.
Funny to see them so jakun about so many things.
The bus oplek, the throwing of litter anywhere we felt like it, the rumah burung, the fresh air kelapa, the food..
I also realised that there is definitely more to Tg Balai then the kecoh2ness that I've always hated.
I guess Ive taken the place for granted for so many years.
I've only seen it as a stopover to Buru.
Didnt realise that there's so many historical places there.
The trip has opened my eyes, I guess.

The best part of the trip was of course..I got to stay while the rest went back to Singapore!
Yippeee!!! Daddy didnt know that I planned to stay of course.heheh..
And everyone in Buru helped me tricked him into thinking that I stayed in Balai and not Buru.
Thank you, all..
But of course, I told him the truth when I reached home. =)
I still can't believe that I went to Buru by myself.
But I did it. And I'm definitely going to do it again..soon.

And after the wonderful trip,
I made the conclusion that Buru is still my favourite place.
It may be so kampung with the sampah and the smell and the pasir and the not so equipped toilets. But I love it anyway.
I'm happiest when I'm there.
What can be more perfect than being at the beach, sipping fresh coconut juice, with thousands and thousands of stars in the sky, listening to a group of budak2 kampung with their guitars singing Peterpan songs? Sometimes the happiness I felt is so great that I get sad, cos I know that tomorrow will still come and I will still have to come back to Spore and back to all the shitty realities. And those guys will still be there every single nite singing away happily. Damn.

I miss Buru Already.

No comments: