Saturday, December 20, 2008

A happy birthday?


It was Ryan's 4th month birthday last Tuesday. Sadly, he spent the day sick and cranky.

I can't believe I went to see the doctor TWICE within one hour. First, was for myself.. who had been coughing non-stop the night before. It was so terrible and I noticed my phelgm (?) had little teeny weeny dots of blood in them.


When I reached home, I realised that Ryan's body was rather hot too. Initially I thought that I was just being paranoid. But I decided to take his temperature and it was 38 degree plus plus. Alamak! Demam! Tangan dah ngegel ni... I decided to bathe him and when I took his temperature again it was a high 37 degree... Off to the doc! I wasnt going to take any chances with my precious little boy! And to make things worse, he was actually moaning all the way to the doc. I've never seen him like that before. Honestly, I was so scared! Especially since people kept saying how fever in an infant, especially a boy, is dangerous.
So, the day was spent sponging him. I was so worried about Ryan that I totally forgot that I was sick too. Luckily, Shahreil took over when he came back from work so that I can finally give in to my drowsiness and sleep. Not for long though cos Ryan started crying. NON STOP! That was really scary! I didnt know what he wanted, whether he was in pain, or how to help him.. it was so frustrating...
In the end, I asked Shahreil to call ayah to ask for advise. Ayah told us to baca a particular surah 11 times and blow at Ryan's forehead. After doing it a couple of time without any success, I called ayah and begged him to come over. Well, no begging needed actually, since he'd do anything for his grandson.
Alhamdulillah... Ryan is ok now. ANd I'm glad I survived his first fever. +phew+
I am doing ok as a mother, so far. I hope.

No comments: