Monday, November 09, 2009

CUCI


I can't believe that I really made the trip to KL last weekend.
I was initially very hesitant as it was afterall a trip to watch Cuci the Musical. Yes! CUCI. It's not PGL or P.Ramlee the Musical. It's the comedy by the 4 stooges(Hans, Afdlin, Awie & AC). I couldn't imagine how they were going to marry the 2 (totally simple comedy + musical) together. Yes, I did love Cuci the Movie.. I remember laughing so hard till my stomach was hurting when I watched the movie. But a musical? And alllllll the way to KL? Hmmmm.... Now, tell me why I shouldn't be hesitant?
But did I regret my decision? Did I feel like strangling Ikin who dragged me all the way there, away from my husband and son?
No. A huge N.O!
It was one of the best decisions I've made in months!
Firstly, I was good to get away from Singapore, work. responsibilities.
It felt just like old times, me and Ikin going to places together, eating and gossiping non-stop.
And Ikin is obviously the best travelling partner cos she knows and handles everything. My manager mah...
And Cuci... What can I say about the musical other than it was great/ fantastic/excellent/amazing/wonderful and all the other good things that are sewaktu dengannyer. The storyline was pretty much the same as the movie, other than a few tweaking of things here and there. The props were simple, costumes not spectacular (you can't expect them to be wearing bling blings while washing buildings, can you?) But what blew me (and the rest of the audiences, Im sure) away were the casts who were damn right hilarious.
It was actually just a bunch of friends goofing around on the stage, not afraid to make mistakes and ad-lib their way through. Their camaderie was crystal clear throughout the musical. Everyone of them were special in their own way.
Afdlin, my talented talented Afdlin was being his round, nak kena cubit-cubit pipi, adorable eldest brother. AC, was perfect as C'Tan... tall, skinny and witty. And I actually forgot that he was afterall a member of 4U2C! He could sing very well...! Come, let us sing Fiona together... with actions, people!!! Ready? One, two, three... go!
Fiona.... Terciptalah irama cinta ini hanyalah untukmu... Bawalah ku ke alam cintamu... Fiona gadisku... (Slide to the left... both hands up, turn one round..)
Hans, was soooooooo cute as the selenger, frank salah tempat kind of guy. Lurus bendul. Comel!
And Awie... he was like a teddy bear that you wished was on sale after the musical so that you can bring home and cuddle all day long! Hahahha... And of course, when he sang... I wished that he'd start singing Sejati or something. You can never take the Mat Rock out of Awie!
Not forgetting the others who were equally splendid. Harith Iskandar as the bad guy. Ramli Hassan as the daddy. Adibah Noor, and her budak nakal selamba kodok kind of attitude. But when she sang, she's truly a DIVA! And my sweet, sweet, meltingly sweet Vanidah Imran. A true blue wanita melayu terakhir and I got a feeling that she's not the kind who tries to be one cos it is just her nature, not like Sendat or Mak Iti.
To sum it up, I had a wonderful time at the musical. Siapa yang tak tgk... RUGI RUGI RUGI. I just hope that somehow, they'd bring the musical to Singapore.

No comments: