Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Technology. Tok.

Technology is pretty amazing, I must say.
Just go to these websites -->

http://www.quranonline.net/quran/media.jsp
I love the fact that there's videos so that while reciting the surahs you can check that all your tajwids are correct. Very much like mengaji-ing infront of Tok Aji (minus the rotan, though I must tell you, I've never been caned by him before... Selamat!)

http://www.quranflash.com/en/quranflash.html
And I couldn't believe my eyes when Shahreil first introduced me to this site. WoW!

Whenever I mengaji, it reminds me of Tok and I sure the sames goes for Ikin and Diyana too.
Those were fond memories.

When I was in the morning session; I'd rush to Tok's house hoping that'd I'd be the first person to arrive. Nak balik first maaahhh.... I'd shower and macam budak baik duduk at the ngaji area, fully aware that the the following things will happen:

Tok: Ti, kau dah makan belum..
Me: Belum, Tok... (suara sedih..)
Tok: Makan dulu sini...
Me: Ok... (macam reluctantly, tapi dalam hati..yabedabedoooo!)

Others will come eventually, hoping that they'd be first in line, but too baaaddd.

When I was in the afternoon session and staying at Tok's house for a few months as my house was undergoing renovations, ngaji time was right after solat subuh. Once we finish solat jemaah (yes! it's solat jemaah every subuh & maghrib at Tok's house), I'd try to creep back into bed like everyone else... but Tok would say,

"Hayati, mari kita mula ngaji,"

and I'd go.. "Haaaaa..." But of course, that was dalam hati. Siapa berani lawan cakap tok oiii!!

But I must say, ngaji with Tok was fun. (or maybe I chose to remember the fun ones..)
Being girls, we rarely got any scolding, and I'd have fun seeing the guys kena marah. Tu ah korang, banyak main!

As I've khatam-ed very early in primary school, the remaining years of ngaji was pretty much focused on correcting my tajwid. Tok would leave me to recite by myself, and once he thought that I had enough, he'd ask me to go back to where I started and testing me on all the tajwids.
Yang mana kena dengung/kenapa kena dengung/ ni berapa harakat and the list goes on. Macam kuiz lah pulak!

I also got to supervise some of the younger ones, and my victim was usually Diyana. I remember being soooo mean to her and poked her with my lidi whenever she was so slow or simply couldn't baca. Geram betul masa tu. Hahahah... But that was terrible of me. Sorry Diyana!

I realise that Tok played a major role in my religious education. From mengaji& tajwid to hafal surah to learning how to ambil wudhu and solat.

Thank you, Tok Aji.
May Allah repay your kindness.

No comments: