Saturday, September 22, 2007

I've never been so glad that weekend has finally arrived.
It felt like the hardest working week ever.
I practically dragged myself through the week, which went by at an excruciatingly slow pace.
I'm so tired. I think I've already mentioned that in my previous entry.
I am. Really. Very. Tired.
Worse thing, it's one of those times where you are tired, but you just can't seem to have a good rest. You just can't doze off and have that much needed rest.
I think, my mind is working overtime at night.
I believed, after writing 38 testimonials, i murmured what I've written in my sleep. Really.
It's like a faulty tape, playing over and over in my head.
But hey! It's the weekends! And I intend to fully enjoy it.

Me and Babe went to UCC to watch a dance showcase.
Well, Hamzah got us tics. And I've always loved his performances.
The only bummer, everyone was so dressed up in their pretty little dresses and blow-dried hair and perfect makeups.. while we were two exhausted women who started work at 7am and had a long meeting which ended at 530.. with no time to freshen ourselves up. *sigh*
It was nostalgic though to be back at NUS.
The good old days. In fact, the best time of my life was at NUS.
Go lectures, skip tutorials, go library and zap notes, walk around bazaar, go Clementi MRT, wait for Shahreil who will always come from behind and slip his arms around me. I miss those days!

Shahreil fetched me, and I suggested we go to Habib as I sort of craved for the orange juice at Habib.
Then one by one the gang came. Mank & Lin, then Shahrul & Sabrina, Sid & Annie, and lastly, Adil. Talked crap as usual. Laughter galore. But I was sleepy as hell. The 6 if us (minus Adil) cramped into the car and made our way to Tampines. A good start to the weekend I guess.

Last, somehow.. I'm always extra sensitive during Ramadhan.
I get affected very easily when I read bad news in the papers.
Rape, murder, kidnap, war, disasters, accidents... I always end up with a lump in my throat, a sick feeling in my stomach. Just 2 days back, I read the papers a few minutes before buka, I read about the kidnaps and murder of little girls in Malaysia. I lost my appetite after that. I kept thinking, here I am eating.. what about the girls? Can the girls' worried parents eat, cos I know if something like that happen to my family, I won't be able to eat at all.

The only thing that makes me feel better is, knowing those people who inflicted cruelty on others, will receive their deserved punishment in the afterlife. It is still beyond me, how can a human inflict such cruelty on another human being. Zalimnya manusia ni eh?

No comments: