Monday, April 25, 2005

Now That It's Gone
by Christine Hogan


I never would have thought that there'd be a you and me.
It wasn't plausible.
It wasn't possible.
But out of the star-crossed sky fell an opportunity.
It was great. It was special. It was magic.
It made my life such a blissful state of euphoria.
My eyes sparkled. My soul danced. My heart rejoiced.

And now that it's gone
I wish there was something in its place.
I want a new dream. I want a new heart. I want a new chance.
But mostly, I'm receiving only loss.

I remember the happy times and think there'll be no more.
I remember little thoughts of you and sigh 'cause you're gone.
I remember my contented heart and sigh because now it's broken.
And now that you're gone,
I can't help but miss you.

For every where you used to smile an empty memory looms of your soulful eyes
your shy smile
and your beautiful face.

No comments: