Monday, October 22, 2007

Ok, so there's 44 pantang larang for bakal pengantins, like me.
I know cos I just googled it.

One of them is this:

PANTANG: Jangan keluar dengan pasangan selama 40 hari sebelum diijabkabul.
SEBAB PANTANG INI WUJUD:

a) Untuk mengelak berlaku tohmahan masyarakat.
b) Selain itu, ia bertujuan untuk mengawal nafsu.
c) Ia juga untuk menimbulkan perasaan rindu dendam. Perasaan yang timbul akan membuatkan wajah pengantin lebih berseri.

For the record, I'm really a traditional girl at heart, who'd follow things like this. Hell, I've just eaten bunga ros satu kuntum and I intent to do it for 30 days as stated in one of the petua for pengantins. But the pantang about not meeting up is like freakingly torturing me. I don't think its suitable for modern days anyway. An aunt said that I shouldnt be going out, and so does that mean I can not go to work as well? Hah!

The reasons a, b and c is crappy anyway.
A) Crappy cos I've been going out with Shahreil for 8.5 years. If people wanna tohmah us, why take THIS long??
B) If both of us couldnt kawal nafsu, we'd have maybe 7 kids..or at least 1 kid who's 7 years old by now.
C) The third one.. well, it has the opposite effect on me, at least. The more I don't meet him, the more resentful I get and the more fights I feel like picking. I just have a way of channeling my missing-Shahreil feelings the wrong way. Like tonight. So, this pantang might have just ruined my realtionship. WTHell.

No comments: